Schools Division of Imus City
The City Schools Division of Imus was established pursuant to Deped Order No. 50 s. 2002, when the City Government of Imus was created with the promulgation of RA 10161.
A memorandum of Agreement (MOA) was signed by the Secretary of the Department of Education, Bro. Armin A. Luistro FSC and the City Mayor of Imus, Hon. Emmanuel L. Maliksi, who then worked collaboratively for the realization of this goal. Likewise, Dr. Lualhati O. Cadavedo was appointed as its first OIC Division Superintendent on January12, 2013.
Three Districts were created to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of Education services to it’s clientele.
We dream of Filipinos who passionately love their country and whose values and competencies enable them to realize their full potential and contribute meaningfully to building the nation.
As a learner-centered public institution, the Department of Education continuously improves itself to better serve its stakeholders.
To protect and promote the right of every Filipino to quality, equitable, culture-based, and complete basic education where:
- Students learn in a child-friendly, gender-sensitive, safe, and motivating environment
- Teachers facilitate learning and constantly nurture every learner
- Administrators and staff, as stewards of the institution, ensure an enabling and supportive environment for effective learning to happen
- Family, community, and other stakeholders are actively engaged and share responsibility for developing life-long learners
The Department of Education was established through the Education Decree of 1863 as the Superior Commission of Primary Instruction under a Chairman. The Education agency underwent many reorganization efforts in the 20th century in order to better define its purpose vis a vis the changing administrations and charters. The present day Department of Education was eventually mandated through Republic Act 9155, otherwise known as the Governance of Basic Education act of 2001 which establishes the mandate of this agency.
The Department of Education (DepEd) formulates, implements, and coordinates policies, plans, programs and projects in the areas of formal and non-formal basic education. It supervises all elementary and secondary education institutions, including alternative learning systems, both public and private; and provides for the establishment and maintenance of a complete, adequate, and integrated system of basic education relevant to the goals of national development.
Quality Policy Statement
"The Department of Education is committed to provide learners with quality Basic Education that is accessible, inclusive, and liberating through:
- Proactive Leadership
- Shared Governance
- Evidence-Based policies, Standards, and Programs
- Responsive and Relevant Curricula
- Highly Competent and Committed Officials, and Teaching, and Non-Teaching Personnel
- An Enabling Learning Environment
The Department upholds the highest standards of conduct and performance to fulfill stakeholders' needs and expectations by adhering to constitutional mandates, statutory, and regulatory requirements, and sustains client satisfaction through continuous improvement of the Quality Management System. "
Schools Division Office of Imus City aims to achieve holistic development of ‘Bidang’ Imuseño by:
- 1. formulating and establishing evidence and research-based programs, projects and activities for the continuous improvement of services;
- 2. ensuring clientele satisfaction through effective and judicious utilization of financial and material resources;
- 3. enhancing the Basic Education K to 12 Curriculum through ICT-based classroom instructions, intensive monitoring and evaluation, assessment of learning outcomes, alternative delivery mode of instruction, and utilization of equitable and appropriate learning resources;
- 4. implementing the merit system in hiring, selection, promotion, benefits, compensation, awards, recognition, learning and development of personnel in adherence to mandated standards and TEA governance; and
- 5. strengthening linkages and partnerships among internal and external stakeholders in implementing programs, projects and activities.